Travelling can be safe and enjoyable if you take time to plan ahead. You should make an appointment and discuss your travel plans with our doctors.
It is important to see us 4-6 weeks prior to departure as the vaccinations may take several weeks to be effective and some require multiple doses.
At your appointment, we provide a comprehensive travel medical consultation and provide you information covering:
- A travel health plan with prescriptions for required vaccinations
- Preventive medications for specific destinations
- Counselling to reduce your risk of illness (jet lag, DVT)
- Simple food and water precautions and high-risk activities
- Resources in case of emergency
Pre-Existing Medical Problems
More people want to travel in their later years and may have pre-existing medical conditions that require special consideration, particularly with regard to the safety of vaccines and their own medical history.
Travel consultation also assists in workplace wellness, preventive, and executive healthcare programs to reduce healthcare costs.