What is Occupational Health?
Occupational Health is a branch of medicine that covers the treatment and prevention of
- Work-related diseases
- Safe working practices
Promotion and preservation of physical, emotional and social well-being of workers in all occupations.
We pride ourselves on developing relationships with companies to encourage communication and provision of high quality care for workers.
Our services include:
- Careful pre-employment medicals
- Active management of work related injuries
At Jema Clinic, we offer a range of Occupational Health Examinations and Assessment services. These include:
- Pre-employment Medicals
- Hearing Tests
- Driving (Private and Commercial)
- Mining and Other Occupational Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol Checks
We also have a fully functional treatment room with registered nurses.
At Jema Clinic we offer full Workers Compensation and Work-Related Injury treatments. Our motivated and highly qualified team of doctors, nurses and practice staff are dedicated to providing all patients with the best possible care. We also have a fully functional treatment room with registered nurses.
Common occupational health injuries and conditions include:
- Cuts, fractures or sprains and strains
- Repetitive motion disorders
- Hearing problems due to excess noise exposure
- Blindness or any vision problems
- Illness due to inhalation, touching or ingesting noxious substances
- Exposure to microorganisms in healthcare settings
We know the importance of good communication with employers to minimise lost time from injuries, and we work with employers to find alternative duties for injured staff where possible.
We utilise a team approach to rehabilitate injured workers for a speedy return to work.