Home safety for the elderly can be managed. Below are some recommendations.
Home Safety Review
- Keep emergency numbers handy.
- Prevent falls. Talk to us about having a special falls risk assessment.
- Protect against fire and related dangers.
- Avoid bathroom hazards.
- Protect against abuse.
Home Medication Review
- Keep all medications in their original containers so you don't mix up medicines.
- Ask your pharmacist to put large-print labels on your medications to make them easier to read.
- Take your medications in a well-lit room, so you can see the labels.
- Bring all of your pill bottles with you to your healthcare provider's appointments so they can look at them and make sure you are taking them correctly.