If you're trying to lose weight or just trying to manage your weight within a certain range, we suggest that checking your weight regularly can help.
Our doctors can advise if you are at a healthy weight range and what to consider if you are not.
A weight check generally involves:
- Recording your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Considering your lifestyle and diet choices
- Updating your medical history and examining your health issues
If your BMI is above or below the normal range, our doctor may consider:
- Performing tests if required
- A follow up of any problems identified
- Advice and information on how to improve your health.
There are a number of health checks recommended at different stages of life.
If you're already at moderate risk of developing heart disease, you'll need to have your waist circumference and weight checked more frequently, every 6 to 12 months.